Sunday, September 12, 2010

Women in Transition

Change is something women struggle with throughout their lives.

The high school student wonders, “What do I want to do with my life?”

Another woman asks, “My children are all grown. Now what?” or “I never had children, and I’m getting older. Now what?”

“My parents are aging…how do I cope?”

Women are faced with moving, divorce, career changes, ailing spouses…the list goes on.

As a Life Coach, I support women of all ages faced with challenging decisions and situations. I guide women on how to view all options, listen to their inner voice, and adjust their perspective. The stress and upset often associated with transitions can be replaced with strength and possibly for what lies ahead.

I grew up in a household full of women, listening to my grandmother and her sister tell me stories of love and loss and everything in between! When I was older, my godmother came to live with me. She was blind, wheelchair bound, and severely diabetic, but I was by her side, singing and reading to her, when she passed peacefully.

One of the biggest lessons I learned being around elder women was that each transition, even our final one, is a beautiful part of life. My goal as a Life Coach is that each woman I work with, whether she’s returning to work after a new baby or moving into a senior community, sees her transition in the same way. Acknowledging and celebrating change feels a lot better than fearing it.

“To keep our faces toward change, and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate, is strength undefeatable.” – 
                                            Helen Keller



Karen Schweitzer Life Coach


Return from this post to the Karen Schweitzer Life Coach home page.

No comments: